We moved to Big Bear back in the mid-90’s because of all of the outdoor activities. We love to ski the mountain or depending on the snow pack and the temperatures, we’ll hike the East valley.
1. The East valley is also home to Baldwin Lake Stables. You can go for a group ride or a private ride on the forest trails in Baldwin Lake. Be sure to call and make reservations in advance.
2. Snow Tubing at Alpine Slide – We purchased a half day ticket last year for us and the kids. It is enough to tire everyone out. We prefer to go mid-week when there are no crowds and we can rush back to the top to ride again.
3. Ski Snow Summit or Snowboard Bear Mountain – The conditions are awesome right now. There’s a one to two foot base of snow. Evening temperatures have been cold enough to blow new snow at night. The afternoon high temperatures have averaged in the mid-forties. The snow is holding up beautifully.
4. Rent a Pair of Snowshoes from Goldsmiths – Much of the back country has snow. This is a great time to try out some snowshoes on one of the forest trails
5. Visit the Big Bear Alpine Zoo – The Big Bear Alpine Zoo is open seven days a week and has daily animal presentations from noon until 1 PM. The Zoo’s Winter hours (weather permitting) are 10 AM to 4 PM, Monday through Friday, and from 10 AM to 5PM on Saturday and Sunday.
6. Take a Hike at the Discovery Center – The Discovery Center offers 30 minute weekend hikes with a naturalist. Check their calendar of events for animal tracking and snowshoe tours.
7. Watch for Bald Eagles – Bald Eagles spend the winter in Big Bear Lake. You can watch them from the North Shore, especially in Fawnskin. Visit the Big Bear Discovery Center for more information.
The weather, during the Winter in Big Bear, is unpredictable. Some Winters have daytime highs in the 50’s while other Winters are cold and snowy. Fortunately, there’s always fun to be had in the mountains!
Real Estate News;
- How Your Credit Score Affects Your Chances of Getting a Mortgage – It’s no secret that the key to getting a good mortgage is to have good credit. Home buyers with a good credit rating will get the best mortgage offers – it’s as simple as that. Maintaining a strong credit history should be the …
- Learn these 3 things to avoid if you want to close a real estate deal … – Used car salesmen, infomercial kings and queens, telemarketers, may be on your list, but one thing remains: nobody likes them. Sure, thanks to the law of averages, they may make some sales or close some deals, but the cold, hard fact is that it’s done either through having to play hard n’ fast with some numbers or simply just the odds of the game. It’s also a great way to kill a potential deal.
- A Real Estate Investor’s Best Friend: Stubbornness – The scenario: You check out a property, figure out estimated repair costs, and head back to your computer. You look at comparable homes and figure out an ARV (after-repair-value). You type this numbers into your spreadsheet and you get a key key number: the maximum price you should purchase a property for.
Speak Your Mind